- Focus your entire attention on the client – don’t create processes at the property that work for YOU – create a seamless way for clients to do business with you easily
- Don’t take things too personally. Sure there is the one client that doesn’t click with you, the one boss who rubs you the wrong way. Learn to move on and not take things so seriously. If you are providing excellent service to your clients and bringing in revenue for you property – sleep well!
- Thank operations daily. Yes, it is their job to provide excellent service, but it is your job to keep them motivated to do it every day!
- If you work at a resort, conference center or hotel today that is the hottest commodity in town – be humble, be happy and don’t forget that tomorrow what goes around comes around. Those that treat clients well during the good times and bad end up with a steady stream of new business.
- Inspect what you expect. We believe that you should convey what you want 100% of the time. This is no mystery. Make sure you are clear with clients and operations so that the end result is a win.
- You had us at NO. Learn to love NO…. as you will continue to hear it all your life. Learn how to overcome objections with class, dignity and professionalism.
- There is always room to work with your clients and operations for a win-win. Always be ready to bend the rules and negotiate to win the business.
- Stop multi-tasking – focus on one thing at a time and do it right the first time!
- Be kind, fair and professional – ALWAYS!
- Never stop selling!
Monday, September 8, 2014
By Cindy Novotny – Master Connection Associates
Selling today has become even more complex than in the past. Disagree? Although the Internet has made life easier for some, it has confused the sellers that don’t understand speed and how to compete in today’s hyper fast world.
Master Connection Associates in partnership with IACC spend a great deal of time with meeting planners, corporate travel managers, leisure travel agents and special event planners and without a doubt there are a few essential elements needed to compete effectively.
Here is our list:
Visit the IACC Institute’s calendar to know more about the IACC-Master Connection Associates training courses and other educational opportunities.